2017 Week 26
|Non-food retailers on promotion this week||78%|
|Equivalent for same week last year:||80%|
- Week 26 has delivered exactly as forecast, as Summer Sales dominate
- Modest price inflation is coming through but most of the industry needs to discount to attract footfall
- This completes H1 2017 with an average index of 63%, versus 66% H1 2016.
- The minority on full price this week include Selfridges, Harvey Nicks, Boots and Dunelm
- Early Summer Sales exits this week among premium players with an index down from 76% to 67%
- The long Summer Sales of last year are set to be repeated. Only the strongest seem able to ignore the herd
- Week 28 is the target for some to move back to full price. Even then, the index will reduce modestly week by week.
** We track promotions daily by sector and company to support promotional optimisation programmes – for details contact firstname.lastname@example.org