2017 Week 35
|Non-food retailers on promotion this week||62%|
|Equivalent for same week last year:||55%|
- The YoY promotional index continues to track higher.
- The index was virtually identical to last year’s until Week 32.
- Our index of premium retailers’ promos has been markedly higher YoY for the past 8 weeks.
- Department stores have been driven up this week by JL and Fortnums both going back on sale after 4 and 6 weeks on full margin respectively.
- Last year’s fashion in index was below 50% on each of the past two weeks. This year’s are 61% and 58% respectively.
- If the recent pattern prevails, last year’s promotional dip will be much more shallow this year
- Soft demand in fashion particularly will make it difficult for retailers to return to full price over the coming weeks.
** We track promotions daily by sector and company to support promotional optimisation programmes – for details contact email@example.com